qbc is a graphical frontend for GNU bc, the arbitrary precision numeric processing language. The user interface is specifically designed for the Nokia N900 smartphone to use as a pocket calculator.
Supports all the features and language elements of GNU bc, for example:
- Basic Expressions
- Functions (Math Library is also switched on)
- Relational Expressions
- Boolean Expressions
- Different input and output bases (binary, decimal, hexadecimal ...)
qbc contains the following gui related extra features:
- Freely editable command line with HW, on screen and virtual keyboard
- Recallable command history
- Scrollable calculation history
- Clipboard using hw keyboard (ctrl+c, ctrl+v)
- Easy access to built in functions using the Fn screen button
- Easy access to built in variables using the V screen button
Start qbc, type your expression and press Enter (screen button or hw key). Read the user manual of bc for more info at http://www.gnu.org/software/bc/manual/bc.html.
The easy way to install qbc is to use the package manager on your phone. At the time of writing qbc packages are available in the maemo5 extras-testing and extras-devel repositories.
You can download the Maemo5 (ARM) package at garage page too.
The source code will be available in the garage SCM.
Please report bugs and wishes at the garage bugtracker.